Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Write a Letter to Yourself

Write a letter to yourself. Read it later. What do you think it will say?

Maybe.....I hope you do big things in the future....or you better be a bad ass when you read this in 10 years. Though, I'd probably say thanks. But not just to me. It would go a little something like this...

Thanks for saying I couldn't. Thanks for pushing. Thanks for being yourself. ...for never looking down...for telling me Yes...for always believing....thanks for those two-a-days in summer in 95 degree heat...thanks for hitting me in the face...thanks for screwing up...for pissing me off... for getting on my nerves... for making me finish my food before I go play...for taking me places...

Thanks for looking at me like I was stupid...for giving me motivation, a chance, a light at the end of the tunnel... for pressing play.. for screaming when it didn't matter, and when it did matter.. for crazy speeding tickets, on and off the road.. for taking me on the path less traveled... for making me follow someone else.. for letting me talk when I wanted...

Thanks for making me give that speech... for making me look like an idiot... for embarrassing me in front of the entire class.. for calling me out for being an ass... for listening...for speaking... for reading... for fearing...for paving the way, to failure... for being patient...for depriving me...for angering me...for showing me that happy is a real thing... for being a bitch...for not doing your homework... for jumping and holding my hand... for eating without me... for driving in the wrong lane...

Thanks for driving drunk...for believing that you could be anything you wanted, and giving up... thanks for hanging me out to dry...for holding that umbrella when I couldn't... for making me brush my teeth with words..for shoving that down my throat...

Thanks for loving...for caring...for hugging...for being an idiot...for letting me shoot....for letting me shoot and miss, badly.... for holding my coat while I run through the rain... for making due...for knowing I won't win...for leaving...for visiting...for being ridiculous and talking anyway...for giving me batteries...for kissing...for giving me that ticket...for making the goal unreachable...for trusting...for betraying...

Thanks for the card....for the advice... for the inspiration....for the drive... for the attitude...for the table... for the wheels under me... for writing on the paper... for showing me that... for everything you never were... for the flowers...for pointing...for whispering...for looking...for acting...for the telescope..

Thanks for the crying...for the confidence...for the humility...for this...for floating alongside... for the medicine... for the stories...for the experience...for living it up... for the flames....for cracking the shutters... for letting me in and shutting me out... for sitting on top of the roof... for flying away... for never trusting anyone... for f*%@ing with my head...for sitting on the branch with me... for the truth... for the ride... for saying all the wrong things at the right time...for the doubts..

Thanks for the tree...for lying when you had to...for heating me up...for being a big kid...for making me proud..for the silent music...for the motion pictures... for the art...for the pictures worth 999 words... for enjoying yourself...for having no regard... for not giving a shit... for getting away with it... for hitting with the big stick...for serving it up on a platter...for the will...for the whiskey...for the suitcase..

Thank you for you. For me. For us. For them. For her. For him. For it. For these.

Thanks for saying I couldn't. Because I did. I am. And I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment